Attorneys at Law

Lawyers with over 60 years of combined experience in Tippecanoe and all surrounding counties.

300 Main Street Suite #500
Lafayette, IN 47901

Blog: Ask a Lawyer

  • How to protect yourself from Uninsured or Underinsured drivers

    If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver, you may not be able to be fully paid for your injuries. An uninsured driver is a driver with no insurance coverage at all. An underinsured driver is one with some coverage, but not enough to cover the damage caused by the traffic accident. In Indiana, being hit by uninsured or underinsured driver normally means that there is no or not enough money to fully compensate you for a serious injury.

    To prevent this from happening to you, you should carry uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance that provides coverage for a claim against an un...

  • New Felony OWI Law

    There's a new operating while intoxicating law in Indiana, Are you aware how this could affect you?

  • Right to consult counsel prior to search consent

    When interpreting the Indiana Constitution, Indiana courts have found greater protection from the government than provided by the 4th Amendment in the federal constitution. One such greater Indiana protection is the Pirtle advisement which requires that a person in police custody must be advised of the right to consult with counsel before being able to validly consent to a search.

    In State v. Janes, three uniformed officers in separate police cars with flashing lights came to a traffic stop for a minor traffic violation on a rural highway at night. When one of the officers returned Janes’ ...

  • Where do you file for special driving privileges?

    The proper county for seeking specialized driving privileges depends on whether the underlying driving suspension was court ordered or whether it was imposed administratively by the BMV. If your suspension was imposed by the BMV, you must file your petition for special driving privileges in your county of residence. If your suspension is from a court order, you must file in each court that ordered a suspension.